Closed loop motor driver-HBS57
- Closed-loop, eliminates loss of synchronization
- Broader operating range ? higher torque and higher speed
- Reduced motor heating and more efficient
- Smooth motion and super-low motor noise
- Do not need a high torque margin
- No Tuning and always stable
- Fast response, no delay and almost no settle time
- High torque at starting and low speed, high stiffness at standstill
- Lower cost
The HBS series offers an alternative for applications requiring high performance and high reliability when the servo was the only choice, while it remains cost-effective. The system includes a 3-phase stepper motor combined with a fully digital, high performance drive and an internal encoder which is used to close the position, velocity and current loops in real time, just like servo systems. It combines the best of servo and stepper motor technologies, and delivers unique capabilities and enhancements over both, while at a fraction of the cost of a servo system.
The HBS series offers an alternative for applications requiring high performance and high reliability when the servo was the only choice, while it remains cost-effective. Its great feature of fast response and no hunting make it ideal for applications such as bonding and vision systems in which rapid motions with a short distance are required and hunting would be a problem. And it is ideal for applications where the equipment uses a belt-drive mechanism or otherwise has low rigidity and you don’t want it to vibrate when stopping.
The HBS57 has three connectors, connector for control signals connections, connector for encoder feedback and connector for power and motor connections.
Mechanical Specifications (unit: mm [inch])
Matching Motor Specifications:
HBS57 can work with the following Leadshine three phase hybrid stepper motors with encoder as follows: